Get in touch with us today!
Not sure if we are right for you?
Please enter your contact information and we will be in touch within the next few days to answer your questions.
New patients are always welcome at Whole Medicine, no referral is required!
What to expect in a Naturopathic consultation:
- A first consultation lasts 50 minute to allow us time to get to know you, discuss your health goals and determine how we can best support your health journey.
- We take the time to educate and share knowledge with you so you can better understand the totality of your health circumstances and help you take control over your well-being
- Pediatric Patients: Pediatric new patient visits are 1 hour in length. It may be difficult for your child to sit through an appointment for this amount of time, so please feel free to bring toys or movies that will make them feel more comfortable during their appointment. This will ensure that we can maximize our ability to collect the necessary information regarding your child’s health, so that we may best help them in their health journey. Alternatively, if you have sensitive issues that you would like to discuss regarding your child’s health, please feel free to bring another adult to the appointment that can accompany your child outside for some playtime. For safety reasons, we cannot allow unsupervised children in the waiting room.
- Copies of recent blood work can be attained from your family physician through our clinic or you can bring then to your first appointment. When necessary, further blood work and other specialized tests may be ordered.
- Depending on the nature of your health concerns, the frequency and duration of follow-up consultations will vary and occur less frequently as health goals are achieved and maintained.
- Unsure if a Naturopath is the right step for you? Call us anytime to set up a free 10 min phone call with one of our physicians – we would love to hear from you.
How to prepare for you Food Intolerance Test:
- Please fast for at least 3 hours (or longer if possible) prior to your scheduled test. If your appointment is in the morning, overnight fasting is preferred. If you are unable to fast overnight, simply let the technician know when you have eaten last.
- Discontinue supplements (herbs, vitamins, minerals, ‘greens’ products and antacids) 24 hours before the test.
- Continue all regular prescription medication(s)
- It is best to wear natural fiber clothing such as cotton, wool or rayon because they are the least likely to affect your body temperature.
- You will be asked to remove all metal jewellery for the test, so you may prefer not to wear any to the clinic.
- Please do not use any scented or perfumed products on the day of the test.
- See our forms section for a list of all the foods you will be tested for. If there are any additional supplements or foods that you wish to be tested for, please bring in a sample and we will include it in the test.