Careers at Whole Medicine
Whole Medicine is growing and looking for a naturopathic doctor to expand our patient care!
Naturopathic Doctor Associate/Independent Contractor
Location: Kanata & Pakenham (Ottawa), Ontario | Start Date: March 2019 (Flexible)
About the Practice
1. We are a busy Naturopathic Clinic looking for a new registered ND. Currently, both of our Naturopathic Doctors are regularly fully booked 4-6 weeks in advance and the wait is getting too long for new patients. Whole Medicine has a strong reputation built on excellent patient care and customer service. If you are the perfect fit for this practice, together, we can help people begin to feel better, sooner.
To complement our current focus on digestive, thyroid and hormone health, we are looking for an ND who has a focus on one of these areas:
- bioidentical hormones,
- weight management,
- fertility and perinatal care and/or pediatrics
Prescribing authority required
2. You will be working with a great team. Our NDs are very supportive and if you are new to practice, we are happy to mentor and help build your practice. Our full-time administrative support manages all of our bookings, keeps the
dispensary complete, and communicates effectively with patients. We are expanding our clinic in 2019 to allow us to bring on a new ND and other complementary health practitioners.
3. The administrative tasks are streamlined. We have worked tirelessly over the past 5 years to develop excellent systems that will allow you to see your patients (the best part of the day) and not be weighed down with all of the administrative tasks.
4. Location. Whole Medicine has two locations – Kanata and Pakenham. Multiple days are available in Kanata with the opportunity to incorporate up to two days weekly in Pakenham.
Our main clinic has frontage on one of the busiest roads in Kanata seeing 20,000 cars pass by daily! We are located in the heart of Canada’s largest Tech Park – Kanata North Tech Park – which is home to over 500 companies and 21,000 employees.
Our second location in Pakenham is in a picturesque village, a short drive from Almonte, Arnprior and surrounding villages. We are located on the main street in the heart of the village, en route to Mount Pakenham and steps from quaint shops and the historic 5-span stone bridge. The clinic itself is a beautiful and welcoming space for patients and we are proud to be able to provide Naturopathic Services in a rural setting.
Naturopathic Candidate Requirements:
- Registered Naturopathic Doctor with the College of Naturopaths of Ontario
- Prescribing Authority in Ontario
- Eager to take on the challenge of a busy workload and willing to build your practice
- Interested in niching your naturopathic practice in one of the following areas: pediatrics, bioidentical hormone therapy, fertility/perinatal care, and weight management.
- Loves working in a team environment.
- Projects a positive and professional image at all times.
- Appropriate and up-to-date memberships and insurance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in accordance with CONO and Whole Medicine clinic standards
Email your resume and your response to the following 5 questions (listed below), and any additional questions you may have, to: email@example.com
- What do you feel is the best part about being a Naturopathic Doctor?
- What area of focus are you interested in as a Naturopathic Doctor?
- Why are you interested in this opportunity with Whole Medicine?
- What has been the best training that you have taken or experience that you have had to niche your practice?
- How do you plan to market your services as a new ND at Whole Medicine? For more information about our clinic, visit: www.WholeMedicine.com
Dr. Chelsey Corrigan, ND and Dr. Kealy Mann, ND